The Teacher Location Links Add-on allows you to create a single location that uses a link to a web address entered on a teacher's profile. For example, you can create a "Zoom Room" location for tutors that use Zoom to host online lessons. The location name will be hyperlinked to the selected teacher's meeting room.
Enabling the Add-on
- Go to the Account & Settings tab and click on "Integrations & Add-ons"
- Use the search field on the right and enter "Teacher Location Links"
- Click on "Enable" under the add-on's section
Once the add-on has been enabled, you can specify the location's display name using the "Display Name" field and select the calendar color on the add-on's settings page:
Setting Link on Teacher Profiles
A "Teacher Location Link" section will also be displayed on teachers' profiles. You can set the location link URL on teachers' profiles by following the steps below:
- Click on Employees and then click on Employee List
- Scroll down to the "Teacher Location Link" section
- Enter the URL in the "Location Link URL" field (The URL must begin with http:// or https://)
- Click on "Submit" to save your changes
When scheduling a lesson, the location will appear as the entered display name in the "Location" menu on the "Add Lesson" form.
When this location is selected, the lesson location will use the link that has been set on the selected teacher's profile.
When viewing the lesson on the calendar using the "View" option from the pop-up menu, you can click on the location's name to be directed to the URL:
The location will also be displayed in your Location list. If you need to edit the location, you can follow the steps below:
- In the Location List, click on the "Manage Add-on Settings" link
- Click on "Manage" under the Teacher Location Links Add-on
- Update the Display Name and/or color field
- Save your changes