You can allow your clients to select the time zone they'd like to use to book lessons or enroll in classes by enabling the "Adjustable Time Zone" setting, found in the Website Booking Plugin's settings.
Enabling the Adjustable Time Zone Setting
- Click on Account & Settings and then click on Integrations & Add-ons
- Click on "Settings" under the Website Booking Plugin
- Click on "Advanced Settings" at the top
- Check the "Adjustable Time Zone" box
- Click on "Save"
Setting the Time Zone When Booking Lessons
When clients click on the "Book a Lesson" button, the booking process will remain the same and they'll first select a service and then select a tutor.
However, when a client is on the "Select Time" view for lesson booking or the "Open Classes" page for enrolling, they will be presented with the option to change the time zone:
When a client changes their time zone, the open time slots for lesson bookings and class enrollment will change so they are displayed in the selected time zone:
User Profile Time Zones
When a client books a lesson they may be a new client, or they may be one of your existing clients. These scenarios are handled as follows:
- Existing Profiles (Logged In or Matching Profile) - If one of your existing clients logs into their account or a profile with the same first name, last name and email is found when a lesson is booked or they enroll in a class, their time zone will not be changed. However, the lesson booking will display a "Different Time Zone" tag on the Lesson Booking table if the selected time zone is different from their profile time zone, but the family or student's profile will not be changed.
- New Profiles - If the student and/or family details entered on the booking form do not match any of your existing profiles, a new "pending" profile will be created. The time zone for this profile will be set to the time zone submitted on the lesson booking.
Using the Different Time Zone Tag
When a client with an existing profile books a lesson with a time zone that is different from the one on their Teachworks profile, a "Different Time Zone" tag will be displayed for the record on the Lesson Booking table.
You can click this tag which will open a modal window that displays the profile time zone and the booked lesson's time zone, as well as the following options:
- Ignore Difference - This allows you to ignore the time zone difference and leave the booking and profile time zone's as is.
- Change Profile Time Zone to Booking Time Zone - This allows you to update the client's profile's time zone to use the booking time zone.