If you have a large number of customers, students or employees and you'd like to add data to their custom profile fields, you can use the Import Custom Profile Field Values Add-on. This add-on allows you to update custom profile fields using Excel templates. Before using this add-on, you need to ensure you have the following:
- You need to have existing customer, student and/or employee profiles
- You need to have created custom profile fields. You can find more information about custom profile fields here: Custom Profile Fields Add-on
Enabling the Add-on
- Go to the Account & Settings tab and click on "Integrations & Add-ons"
- Use the search field on the right and enter "Import Custom Profile Field Values"
- Click on "Enable" under the add-on's section
Once the add-on has been enabled, there will be three different types of custom profile fields that can be imported:
To being uploading custom profile fields, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Integrations & Add-ons page and click on "Manage" under the Import Custom Profile Field Values Add-on
- Download the appropriate template:
Customer Custom Fields Template - use this template for uploading custom profile fields for customers.
Student Custom Fields Template - use this template to upload custom profile fields for students.
Employee Custom Fields Template - use this template to upload custom profile fields for employees.
Follow the instructions below to fill out one of the templates above:
Choose the correct user type to upload the file and click "Choose File"
Select the template file and submit the form.NOTE: Before you import the file, make sure that it's saved in .xls format.
If there are no validation errors, all of the records will be uploaded.
If there are validation errors only the valid records will be uploaded and the rows with errors will be indicated. You'll need to correct these rows in the template and upload them again.
The custom profile field templates have validation rules that are applied to the fields with specific options. For example, if you created a "Select" custom profile field and you attempt to upload the file with data that is not one of the available options, an error will occur. An example of what the error will look like is below:
You can also view some of our other knowledge base articles below for more information about the Import tool in Teachworks:
Article is closed for comments.