The conflict validator allows you to automatically run conflict checking when lessons are being scheduled. Lessons can be prevented from scheduling or require an override before they can be scheduled to the calendar. You can find out more information about checking conflicts in this article: Checking Conflicts.
Enabling the Add-on
- Go to the Account & Settings tab and click on "Integrations & Add-ons"
- Use the search field on the right and enter Conflict Validator
- Click on "Manage" under the add-on's section
Click on “Manage” to configure the add-on. On the “Conflict Validator Settings” page, there are different options you can select to control the behavior for each account type:
- Off - Allow scheduling without checking for conflicts.
- Prevent Scheduling - Prevents scheduling if conflicts found.
- Allow Override - Allow scheduling even if conflicts present.
- Client Account Setting - You can select between "Off" or "Prevent Scheduling". This option is only available if you have our Lesson Request Add-on enabled.
- Teacher Account Setting - You can select between "Off", "Prevent Scheduling" or "Allow Override"
- Administrator & Staff Account Setting - You can select between "Off", "Prevent Scheduling" or "Allow Override"
When scheduling a lesson using the Add Lesson Form, the conflict checker will automatically run when you click on "Submit". If you've set the option to "Off" for any of the account types, clients will be able to request lessons for any timeslot and admins/staff/teachers will be able to schedule a lesson, even if the there is a conflict present.
If you select the "Prevent Scheduling" option, users will not be able to request or schedule lessons during unavailable timeslots. Instead, they will receive an error that requires them to make adjustments to the timeslot:
When setting the Teacher Account and/or Administrator/Staff Account settings to "Allow Override", a warning will appear but the lessons can still be scheduled by clicking on "Override Conflicts & Submit Form".