The Activity Logs Add-on is a great time-saver for your business. It allows you to track the actions taken by you and your employees and makes it easy to investigate any issues that may arise. For example, if a lesson was deleted, you can use the activity logs to see who deleted it and when it was deleted.
Enabling the Add-on
- Go to the Account & Settings tab and click on "Integrations & Add-ons"
- Use the search field on the right and enter Activity Logs
- Click on "Enable" under the add-ons section
After enabling the add-on, you can access your Activity Logs using one of the following options:
- You can click on "Activity Logs" under the Account & Settings menu
- You can click on "Activity Logs" under the Activity Logs Add-on in the Integration & Add-ons page.
Filtering the Activity Log
You can filter your activity log results by using the filters on the right hand side. The filters you can use are as follows:
- Start and End Date - allows you to specify the date range of your log search.
- User Email - allows you to filter the activity logs for activity of an individual user.
- Record Name - allows you to search for a specific record based on name.
- Record Type - allows you to search for a specific record type.
When you have set the filters, click on "Search" to retrieve the results. You can click on "Clear" to reset the filter fields back to defaults.
Viewing the Results
The table will display the results with the following parameters:
- Time - displays the time at which the action took place in the company's time zone.
- Record ID - displays the record ID assigned in Teachworks
- Record Type - displays the type of record
- Record Name - displays the name of the record
- Updated By - displays the email address of the user that made the action
- Action - displays the type of action
- Details - click "view" to display the activity details
You can get the details of a record by clicking on "View" under the Details column. The "Activity Details" pop-up will display additional information, such as the "User Type" (i.e. Admin, Staff, Teacher).