This add-on allows you to create and add surcharges to your invoices with fixed and/or percentage amounts.
Enabling the Add-on
- Go to the Account & Settings tab and click on "Integrations & Add-ons"
- Use the search field on the right and enter Invoice Surcharge
- Click on "Enable" under the add-ons section
Creating an Invoice Surcharge
An Invoice Surcharge record is made up of the following 4 fields:
- Name - Appears in the menu for selecting a surcharge to apply
- Label - This label will appear on invoice
- Fixed Amount - Fixed surcharge amount.
- Percentage Amount - Surcharge percent of invoice subtotal
To create an invoice surcharge, please follow the steps below:
- Click on "Manage" under the Invoice Surcharge Add-on
- Enter the Name, label, fixed amount and/or percentage amount
- Click "Save"
You can add additional surcharges by clicking on the "Add New Surcharge" link at the bottom of the Invoice Surcharge list.
You can also select a surcharge to use as the default surcharge using the Default Surcharge section. The selected surcharge will be set as the default when creating new invoices.
Adding a Surcharge to Invoices
In order to add an invoice surcharge you have created to a single invoice, please follow the steps below:
- Click on Billing at the top and select "Create a single Invoice"
- Click on the "Surcharge" field and select the surcharge you'd like to apply
- The amount of the invoice will be updated to include the surcharge fees
- Save or Approve the Invoice
You can add an invoice surcharge to multiple invoices at once using the "Create Multiple Invoices" option, found under the billing section. After clicking on "Create Multiple Invoices", the steps to add the surcharge are the same as they were for a single invoice.
Invoice Auto-Pilot Schedules
To add a surcharge to an Invoice Auto-Pilot schedule, please follow the steps below:
- Click on Billing and then click on "Add Invoice Schedule"
- Fill out the Schedule Settings and then click on "Next"
- Select the surcharge you'd like to apply in the Surcharge Field
- Click on "Save"