This add-on allows you to apply validation rules when scheduling package lessons to warn of or prevent scheduling more lessons than a student has in their package balance.
Enabling the Add-on
1. Click on "Account & Settings" and then click on "Integrations & Add-ons".
2. Use the "Search" field on the right and enter Package Balance Validation.
3. Click on "Enable" under the add-on's section.
Once enabled, click on “Manage” to configure the add-on. On the “Package Balance Validation Settings” page, you can customize the following:
Teacher Account Setting - You can set this to "Prevent" to prevent the teacher from scheduling a lesson if the student has an insufficient package balance or "Allow Override" which will indicate an insufficient package balance, but allow scheduling anyway.
Administrator & Staff Account Setting - You can set this to "Off", which will disable validation, set it to "Prevent" to prevent scheduling a lesson if the student has an insufficient package balance, or set it to "Allow Override" which will indicate an insufficient package balance, but allow scheduling anyway.
In order to use the Package Validation Balance Add-on, you need to ensure that the following conditions are met:
- The package validation add-on is enabled.
- You have enabled validation for the user type (Teacher, Administrator/Staff).
- The student's billing method must be set to package
The Package Balance Validation Add-on will only be applied when one of the following scenarios takes place:
- When scheduling or updating lessons on the calendar.
- When a client enrolls in a lesson using the Open Classes Add-on in their Teachworks account.
- When using the "adjust end time" feature to change the duration of a lesson (this is only used if the "Package Units" in your Account Settings page has been set to "Hour").
- When accepting or modifying a lesson request from the Lesson Requests Add-on.
If you have set the Teacher or Administrator & Staff Account setting to "Allow Override", anytime you attempt to schedule a lesson for a student that has an insufficient package balance, an error message will appear at the top and state the student will exceed the package balance.
If you would like to continue, scroll down to the bottom of the "Add Lesson" form and click the "Override Package Limit" box and then click submit.
NOTE: There are some situations that the Package Balance Validation Add-on will not get applied and these have been highlighted below:
1. When a client requests lessons through the Lesson Requests Add-on
2. When booking or joining classes through the Website Booking Plugin
3. When adding a lesson through the API
4. When completing a lesson (Note: If tracking packages by hour you can set the "Lesson Duration" permission on teacher profiles to "View" to prevent them from changing the duration).