There may be a scenario in which you have a student whose parents both wish to pay for a portion of an invoice. In this case, the best option is to split the invoice payments between both of them.
There are two ways that you can create an invoice and split the payments:
Method 1 - Negative Charge
In order to use the Negative Charge method you will require two Family Profiles, one for each parent. If you have a Family profile already with a student attached, you will only need to create a Family profile for the second parent. This will allow you to generate an invoice for the second parent.
If you do not have an initial Family profile yet, you will need to create one and attach the Student to it.
1. Generate an invoice for one parent that includes all of the lessons you are billing them for
2. Add a negative charge or credit note for the amount that the second parent is planning to pay for. For example, if the second parent wishes to pay for half, add a negative charge for half of the total.
3. Generate a new invoice for the second parent that includes the amount the negative charge was for on the original invoice using the "Add Charge" option.
Method 2 - Each Parent Pays Half the Invoice
If you are using our Stripe Integration you can save the credit cards for each parent on the family profile. You can then charge each parent's credit card for half of the invoice total.
1. Generate an invoice that includes all of the lessons you are billing.
2. Use the payment form at the bottom of the invoice to select the first parent's credit card and set the payment amount to half of the invoice total. Process the payment.
3. Repeat step 2 with the second parent's credit card. In the Description field you can also record comments to indicate that this payment is associated with the second parent.