There may be a scenario in which you have a student whose parents both wish to pay for a portion of an invoice. In this case, the best option is to split the invoice payments between both of them.
There are two ways that you can create an invoice and split the payments:
Method 1 - Negative Charge
In order to use the Negative Charge method you will require two Family Profiles, one for each parent. If you have a Family profile already with a student attached, you will only need to create a Family profile for the second parent. This will allow you to generate an invoice for the second parent.
If you do not have an initial Family profile yet, you will need to create one and attach the Student to it.
1. Generate an invoice for one parent that includes all of the lessons you are billing them for
2. Add a negative charge or credit note for the amount that the second parent is planning to pay for. For example, if the second parent wishes to pay for half, add a negative charge for half of the total.
3. Generate a new invoice for the second parent that includes the amount the negative charge was for on the original invoice using the "Add Charge" option.
Method 2 - Each Parent Pays Half the Invoice
If you are using our Stripe Integration, you will need to ensure that both parent's credit cards have been added to the Family profile being used. This will allow you to charge each credit card with the required portion each parent plans to pay for.
1. Generate an invoice that includes all of the lessons you are billing them for
2. Have each parent pay for their half of the invoice
3. For the payment made by the second parent, they can record their name in the details field