Teachworks follows best practices for securing data and access to the software. Our data is hosted in Amazon Web Services' (AWS) data centers. AWS places strong emphasis on data security which you can read more about here: Amazon Web Services. Our servers are managed by a company that specializes in server and infrastructure management and they handle all security patches and updates.
In order to safely protect your data, we also have the following measures in place:
- Password Protection & Encryption - All of our connections to Teachworks are encrypted and access to all data is password protected.
- Password Encryption - All passwords are stored in encrypted format.
- Permission Controls - You can control the permission settings for teachers and staff to limit what information and features they can access.
- Continuous Backup - As data is written to the master database it is copied to a replica database. In the event of a problem with the master database, the replica is promoted, so that no data loss occurs.
- Periodic Backups - In addition to continuous databsae backup additional point-in-time backups are made daily.