Zapier is a task automation software program that allows you to easily connect your Teachworks account to over 3000 applications. A few examples of applications you can connect your Teachworks account to are PayPal, Square, Zoho, SalesForce, and JotForm.
Requirements For Using The Zapier Integration
The Zapier Integration requires access to the Teachworks API, which is only available on the Growth and Premium Plans. If you're still on Teachworks old pricing, it is available on the 400+ plan. Click here for more information about Teachworks' Pricing.
Enabling The API
The Teachworks API will need to be enabled in your Teachworks Account before you can enable the Zapier Integration. The API can be enabled by following these steps:
1. Log into your Teachworks admin account and go to the Account & Settings tab > Integrations & Add-ons and find the "API" section.
2. Click the "Enable" link.
3. Click the "Generate API Token" button.
4. You will use this key to access your account through the API. Protect this key like a password and do not include it in any public web pages (it should be used on the server-side for public facing web pages).
Enabling The Zapier Integration
Now that the API is enabled, you can enable the Zapier Integration by following these steps:
1. Go to Account & Settings > Integrations & Add-Ons and find "Zapier."
2. Click the "Enable" link.
3. Click "Instructions."
4. Follow the Instructions listed to sign-up for Zapier in Step 1.
5. In Step 2, click the "Teachworks on Zapier" link to be redirected to Zapier.com to connect to Zapier.
After Clicking the "Teachworks on Zapier" link
You'll be redirected to a page inviting you to use Teachworks on Zapier. Scroll down on that page and click the "Accept Invite & Build A Zap" button.
Building Your First Zap
A Zap is the connection you build between applications to automate your workflow. You can find a more thorough explanation of Zaps (and other Zapier terminology) here: What is Zapier?
You can start building your first Zap by following these steps:
1. Login to your Zapier account and click the "Make a Zap!" button.
2. Name the Zap at the top of the form.
3. In the "Search apps" search bar, begin typing Teachworks and select the "Teachworks" app.
4. Select a Trigger in the "Choose Event Trigger" drop down menu.
5. Click "Continue."
6. In the "Choose Account" section, click the "Sign in to Teachworks" button and complete the steps to enter your API key in Zapier.
7. Depending on the Trigger, you may need to enter additional details. For example, if you selected the “New Invoice” trigger, you’ll need to specify the status you'd like to use for the new invoices.
8. Once you have finished the Trigger setup, you’ll be able to select an "Action". This is what Zapier does when the trigger you setup triggers. You can select one of the Built-In apps like Email or SMS (text message) or find a different app to connect with, such as JotForm.
NOTE: The Teachworks app uses the polling method for triggers. Polling only checks a single page for new records (100 records max). If you'd like to go over 100 records, you'll need to use the Teachworks API directly or the rest will not be picked up.
You're now ready to finish building your Zap with whichever application you choose. You may want to visit Zapier's Knowledge Base for more information about setting up Zaps in your account. You can also view some of our blog posts below for assistance with creating some Zaps:
- Getting Started With Teachworks' Zapier Integration
- Automatically Record PayPal Payments in Teachworks
- Sending Invoices from Xero to Teachworks
- Client Registration in Teachworks Using JotForm
- Updating Teachworks Custom Profile Fields Using JotForm
Please sign in to leave a comment.