The Customer Billing Groups Add-On allows you to create groups of customers that can be added to an invoice at one time.
Enabling Customer Billing Groups
Follow these steps to enable Customer Billing Groups:
1. Log into your admin account (or staff account with the "Integrations Settings" permission set to "Manage") and go to the Account & Settings tab and click the "Integrations & Add-ons" option.
2. Find the "Customer Billing Groups" Add-On
3. Click "Enable"
Creating Customer Billing Groups
Once the add-on is enabled, you can create Customer Billing Groups by clicking the "Manage Groups" link. A new Customer Billing Group can be added by clicking the "Add Billing Group" link, entering a name for the group, and saving the form.
Adding Customers to a Customer Billing Group
Customers can only be added to a single Customer Billing Group. To add a customer to a Customer Billing Group, follow these steps:
1. Go to Students > Families (or Students > Students for Independent Students).
2. Use the search bar to quickly find the independent student or family you want to add to the Billing Group.
3. Click the "Edit" icon (the pencil) to edit the customer's profile
4. Go to the "Invoicing" section
5. Use the "Billing Group" dropdown menu to select the Customer Billing Group
6. Save the form
Using Customer Billing Groups When Invoicing
The option to add a Customer Billing Group to an invoice is available when creating an Invoice Autopilot Schedule or using the "Create Multiple Invoices" page. To add a Billing Group to an invoice, follow these steps:
1. Click the "Add Customers from Billing Group" link under the "Customers" field
2. Using the dropdown menu that appears, select the Customer Billing Group you want to create invoices for and click "Add"
3. The customers in the Customer Billing Group will be added to the "Customers" field and the rest of the invoice can be created as usual.