This feature allows you to assign multiple students (from different families) to a single contact. The feature is useful for situations where you need to assign someone (such as a school teacher or counsellor) to multiple students to allow them to easily keep track of student progress.
Family Contact vs Student Contact
This feature should not be confused with the Family Contact -- these profiles differ in the following ways:
- A Family Contact can only be assigned to a single family, but a Student Contact can be assigned to multiple students (regardless of the family they’re assigned to).
- A Family Contact will have access to all students in the family, while a Student Contact can be assigned to specific students in a family.
- A Family Contact can receive lesson reminder emails - this option isn’t available for Student Contacts.
To enable this feature, go to Account & Settings > Integrations & Add-Ons > Student Contacts > Enable
Adding A Student Contact:
- Go to Students > Students and click the “Add Student Contact” link in the sidebar
- Select the relevant active students in the “Students Assigned to” field and complete the rest of the form.
- If you would like the student contact to receive lesson notes, check that the option is enabled on the form
- Enable a user account if required
- Submit the form
Assigning a Student Contact to a Student:
To assign a contact to a student, follow these steps:
- Go to Students > Students and edit the relevant student (this can also be done when adding a new student to Teachworks)
- Scroll to the “Student Contacts” section and choose the relevant contact/contacts from the list
- Save the form
Welcome Email: Once you’ve enabled the add-on, an additional notification template is added (Account & Settings > Notification Templates). To edit the template, click the “Edit” button next to the “Student Contact Welcome” template.
Lesson Notes: You can enable the option to send lesson notes directly on the student contact’s profile. The family template is used for student contacts.
Disabling the Add-On
If you’ve added several student contacts and you disable the add-on, the profiles will still be visible in your account. If you would like to remove the student contacts entirely, you will need to delete the profiles.