Teachworks understands that each teaching business is unique and because of this, we offer flexible billing methods to easily and efficiently bill your customers. You can read more about our different billing methods here: Teachworks Billing Methods
The article below will guide you through figuring out why the incorrect lesson cost has been assigned to a student's lessons.
Problem: Incorrect lesson cost applied to student lessons
Step 1: Make sure that the correct billing method is set on the student’s profile
The billing method that’s selected on the student’s profile will determine the lesson cost for lessons that are scheduled for a student. If this setting is incorrect, lesson costs will be applied incorrectly as well.
- Use Service List Price: The price will be determined by the lesson cost in the service list of the corresponding service
- Use Student Profile Price: The price that’s set on the student’s profile will always be used regardless of the service that’s selected
- Charge Flat Fee: The price will be set to 0 since customers are charged a flat fee for all lessons as opposed to a fee for each individual lesson
- Package: The price will be set to 0 since customers are charged for a package of lessons/hours and not individual lessons
Step 2: Check discounts/premiums
Teachworks allows you to set a discount or premium directly on a student’s profile. These settings are applied to all of the student’s lessons, so you may want to check that this is setup correctly.
Step 3: Changes to pricing?
Lesson costs are set at the time that a lesson is added to the Teachworks calendar or when it’s edited. If you make changes to billing settings, these will not automatically be applied to a student’s existing lessons.
To update existing lessons to reflect your new pricing structure, you can follow these steps: Applying new costs to existing lessons
Step 4: Check the service list
If the “Use Service List Price” option is selected for a student and their lesson cost doesn’t match the service list, keep the following in mind:
- The service list contains hourly lesson costs and wages. If the lesson duration is longer or shorter than one hour, the pricing will update accordingly. You can follow these steps to cater for lessons longer or shorter than an hours.
- If the lesson was scheduled before you made changes to the service list, the changes will not be applied to the lesson. If you’d like to see if this is the case, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to the service list and click the “Download Services” link in the sidebar. The download includes an “Updated at” column that shows the last time the service was updated. Look at the time stamp for the relevant service.
2. Go to Calendar > Lesson History and use the filters to find the lesson.
3. Click on the lesson title to view the “Last Updated” date and time stamp in the sidebar and compare this to the time stamp in step 1.
Step 5: Contact Us
If you’ve followed all the steps above and you can’t figure out why the wrong lesson cost appears, let us know! In your message, please include as much information as possible to allow us to help you faster and more efficiently. You may want to include the following:
- The name of the student
- The title of the lesson
- The time of the lesson
- The date of the lesson