Our Custom Form Invitation Add-On allows you to send invitations to clients or employees to update their information using custom forms.
Difference between Custom Forms & Custom Form Invitations
Custom Forms create new profiles in Teachworks and are used for enrolling new students or employees. On the other hand, Custom Form Invitations are used to update existing profiles. Custom Form Invitations are useful when you want to:
- Gather more information from clients and employees
- Allow families to add more child students
- Collect or update credit card details (if you’re using our Stripe Integration)
- Allow clients to update their profile information without having to enable a user account
You can send invitations to clients and employees to update their information through your existing Custom Enrollment forms; however, in some situations, you may want to create separate custom forms specifically for updating certain parts of existing profiles.
For example, you may not want to collect credit card information from prospective clients right away -- in this case, you can create a separate form to send to the client at a later time.
Enabling the Add-on
- Click on "Account & Settings" and then click on "Integrations & Add-ons".
- Use the "Search" field and enter "Custom Form Invitations".
- Click on the "Enable" link.
Email Notification - Enable this option if you would like to send an email to your company email address whenever a custom form invitation is completed.
Sending form invitations
- Click on "Account & Settings" and then click on "Integrations & Add-Ons".
- Click on "Invitations" under the Custom Form Invitations Add-on.
- Click the “New Form Invitations” link.
- Select the appropriate form from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the relevant recipients.
- Specify when you’d like the links to expire (3, 5, 7, or 10 days).
- Submit the form by clicking “Send Invitations”.
Once you’ve submitted the form, you will be redirected to the Custom Form Invitations table where you can view sent invitations as they are processed.
- No Change - This will allow them to submit the form without updating their credit card details.
- Update Credit Card - This will allow them to update their credit card with a new credit card.
Custom Form Invitations Table
The Custom Form Invitations Table display the following information:
- Recipient - Who the invitation was sent to.
- Form Name - Which form was sent to them.
- Expires At - When the invitation will expire.
- Form Link - A direct link to the form.
- Status - The status of the invitation.
- Last Sent At - When last the invitation was sent.
You can click on the envelope icon to resend the custom form.
Checking the Status of an Invitation
You can check the notification logs in your Teachworks account to see if invitations were sent. The email type is listed as “Customer Form Invitation” or “Employee Form Invitation” depending on the recipient.
You can check the delivery status of an invitation in the “Status” column on the Custom Form Invitations form.
- Sent: This means that the invitation has been sent to the customer/employee
- Not Sent - No Email Address: This means that an email address isn’t captured on the customer’s/employee’s profile, so the invitation could not be sent
- Completed: The customer has received the invitation and completed the form to update their profile
Deleting an Invitation
If you’ve accidentally sent an invitation to the wrong customer or employee, or you’ve selected the wrong form, you can delete the invitation by clicking the “x” icon in the Custom Form Invitations table. Customers or employees will no longer be able to access the form.
Customizing the Custom Form Invitations Email Template
You can edit the email template for both customers and employees by following the steps in this article: Customizing Notification Templates.