You can adjust several invoice settings to fit your company's needs. These include:
- Starting Invoice Number - Set the number for your first invoice so that you can continue from your existing invoicing system.
NOTE: If invoices are generated before this setting is customized, invoices will start at “1” and increment from there. To resolve this, you can either edit the invoices you’ve generated and manually correct the numbering (this will ensure that future invoices increment correctly) or you can delete the invoices and start over.
- Increment Invoice Number - Controls the method for incrementing invoice numbers. You can select between "From Highest Number" or "From Last Created Invoice".
- Due Date Relative to Invoice Date - Sets the default due date relative to the invoice date by the selected number of days. This can be overridden on the invoice form.
- Reference Visible to Clients - Setting this to 'On' will make the Reference field visible to customers, otherwise it is only visible internally.
- Invoice Prefix - The letters that are added to the beginning of your invoice numbers to indicate that the document is an invoice.
- Credit Note Prefix - The letters that are added to the beginning of your credit note numbers to indicate that the document is a credit note.
- Invoice Title - The contents of this field will be added at the top of the invoice. If left blank, no title will be displayed.
- Sales Tax Label - This is the label that will be used for the sales tax line. If left blank 'Sales Tax' will be used.
- Invoice Date Range - Set this to "Show" if an invoice includes lessons and you'd like to show the start and end date of the range at the top of the invoice. Set to "Hide" if you don't want to display the start and end date range.
- Discount Column - Set to "Show" to always display the discount column, even if the discount is zero. Set this to "Hide" if you don't want to display the discount column when the invoice doesn't have any discounts.
- Service Column - Easily show or hide the service column on invoices. This column displays the service name for lessons, packages and charges.
- Unit Price Column - Show or hide the unit price column on invoices.
- Discount Column - Hide discount column if discount is zero, or always show discount column.
- Invoice Lesson Units - You can change the unit of measure displayed on invoices for line items between Lesson or Hour.
- Invoice Due Reminder - Enable this option to send a reminder to the customer when an invoice becomes due. For more information, see
- Payment Received Email - Enable this option to send an email to the customer when an invoice is paid.
- Default Sales Tax Rate - The default sales tax percentage applied to your invoices. This can be changed when creating invoices.
- Default Tax Treatment - This is the setting for how your invoices will calculate tax by default. Options include tax inclusive (tax is included in invoice total), tax exclusive (tax is added to invoice total), and tax exempt (no tax). This can be changed when generating invoices.
- Set Zero Total Invoice Status to Paid - If set to "On", when an invoice is approved and the invoice total is zero, the status will be automatically set to "Paid". If set to "Off" invoice status must be set manually.
- Invoice Status on Lesson Modal - Use this option for displaying the invoice status of a Lesson in the Lesson "View" modal window from the Calendar. You can select between "Not Visible", "Visible to Administrator & Staff", or "Visible to Administrator, Staff & Teachers".
- Invoice Lesson Description - This is the default description format for lessons that are added to invoices. Use the merge tags to customize the content located under the "Lesson Description Merge Tags" section.
- Default Invoice Instructions - Default instructions or terms to include on the invoice. This can be changed when generating invoices.
- Custom Company Address - You can use this field to customize how your company address appears on invoices. If left blank, the address will be set using your company name and address from the "Company Information" section of this page.
To adjust these settings, follow these steps:
Go to the Account & Settings tab and click on Account Settings.
Scroll down to the Invoice Settings section.
Select the option for the setting that you want to change.
Save the form.