The following is an overview of the record types that are synced from teachworks to QuickBooks.
- New Records - If a record hasn't been synced to QuickBooks, teachworks will search your QuickBooks account for an existing customer with the same first name, last name. If a matching record is found, it will be updated with the contact details in your teachworks account, otherwise a new customer will be created.
- Updating Records - If a record has already been synced to QuickBooks, it will be updated with any changes made to the customer's profile in teachworks. The status in teachworks is not used to change the status in QuickBooks.
- Deleting - If a customer that has been synced to QuickBooks is later deleted in teachworks, that record will be set to inactive in QuickBooks.
- Names must have at least one character and cannot include tabs, newlines, or ':'
- Teachworks syncs any customer with the status "Active" or customers with a status other than "Active" if that customer has unsynced invoices.
- Services are added to your QuickBooks account as service items.
- New Records - If a record hasn't been synced to QuickBooks, teachworks will first check if an item exists in QuickBooks with the same name and will update this if one is found. Otherwise a new service item will be created in QuickBooks.
- Updating Records - If a record has already been synced to QuickBooks, any changes to the name in teachworks will be updated in QuickBooks.
- Services deleted in teachworks will not be deleted in QuickBooks. If you want to delete them in QuickBooks you must do this manually.
- Service titles must be 100 characters or less, must have at least one character, and cannot include tabs, newlines, or ':'
- New Records - If a record hasn't been synced to QuickBooks, teachworks will first check if an invoice with the same number exists in QuickBooks that was created after the invoice in teachworks. If an invoice is found it will update that record with the details of the invoice in QuickBooks. If no invoice has the same number, a new invoice will be created.
- Set your invoice numbers in teachworks to begin with the number after the last invoice that you've created in QuickBooks.
- Updating Records - If an invoice is changed in teachworks the corresponding invoice in QuickBooks will be updated with the changes after syncing.
- Deleted & Voided Invoices - Invoices deleted or voided in teachworks must be voided manually in QuickBooks.
- Important Notes About Sales Tax on Invoices:
*Only approved invoices are synced.
4. Credit Notes
- Credit Notes are created in QuickBooks as Credit Memos.
- The rules above for invoices apply to Credit Notes.
- Credit notes that have been allocated to Invoices are not allocated automatically when synced to QuickBooks -- allocating must be done in QuickBooks.
- A new payment created Teachworks will create a new payment in QuickBooks with matching details
- Payments are not allocated to invoices when synced to QuickBooks - allocating must be done in QuickBooks.
- Payments that are deleted in Teachworks after being synced to QuickBooks need to be deleted in QuickBooks manually.