Mailchimp is a software that gives you the ability to create and manage mailing lists, newsletters, automated marketing campaigns and more. When integrated with Teachworks, you’re able to sync your students, families, and employees to Mailchimp with ease.
If you haven’t already, create an account with Mailchimp here.
- Log into your administrator account and go to Account & Settings. Click on the Integrations & Add-Ons option.
- Find the Mailchimp Add-On
- Click the “Enable” link.
- Click the “Manage” link after enabling.
- Enter your Mailchimp API key. Once the API key is pasted, save the form. This can be done by clicking the link that says “here”, below the API field.
- After saving, a new page will load. Here, you have the option to Opt-In to send a confirmation email to the recipient before adding it to your list or not.
- Under Students, select the Audience that you would like to add your students to within Mailchimp. To create an Audience in Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Choose the Status of the students you’d like to sync (Active, Inactive, Prospective). If you don’t wish to sync, you can leave it blank.
- Create Merge tags to add custom content to emails and to organize your Audiences.
- Repeat the above steps if you wish to sync Families and Employees.
- Check Automatic Sync if you want Teachworks to sync new/updated contacts daily.
- Press Save & Sync to begin using the Add-On!
- To view your synced records, log into your Mailchimp account.
You can view the status of your synced records by viewing the Sync Logs. To access the logs, please click on Integrations & Add-ons -> MailChimp Settings -> Click on Sync Logs on the right hand menu.
TIP: To manually sync your contacts, go to Integrations & Add-Ons and press “Sync” under the Mailchimp Add-On. If you don’t have any new contacts, the records will be updated.
Please sign in to leave a comment.