If you bill your clients for packages of lessons and they have lessons or hours from a different software program that you want to transfer to Teachworks you should first read the Package Billing Method article to understand how packages are tracked in Teachworks. You can then use the following method to add a client's package balance.
1. Calculate the client's remaining lessons in their package.
2. Create a single invoice and choose the "Add Package" option.
3. Select the service type for the package.
4. In the quantity field enter the number of hours or lessons remaining.
5. Set the unit price field to zero (since the client has already paid for this package).
6. Approve the invoice.
- Generating balances after the invoice for the package is billed and approved. (Default)
- Generate balance after the invoice is paid.
You can change these settings under account settings > package settings.
If your account is set up with the default option, you can view customer balances immediately under Billing > Package Balances. Otherwise, balances will be available once the invoice is paid.