In order to be able to charge your customer's credit card you need to:
- Have the Stripe integration enabled.
- Enable the option to "Charge credit cards on behalf of clients" on your Stripe integration by clicking on "Manage".
- Customer must have a credit card saved on their account.
NOTE: You can find the different methods for adding a credit card to a customer's profile in this article: Adding Credit Card Details to Client Profiles.
If all steps above are completed, then you can pay invoices by charging the invoice totals to your clients' credit cards using the method below:
1. Go to your Invoices table and make sure that the filter is set to display invoices that are "Awaiting Payment".
2. Scroll to the payment form at the bottom of the invoice. If the client has one or more credit cards on file, the cards will be displayed in a select menu with the default card selected.
* Partial Payments: Admins can charge the full invoice amount or a portion of the amount when charging carbs on behalf of clients.
3. Click the "Charge" button to charge the selected credit card. If you will be processing payments for multiple invoices, click the option icon on the right of the button and click the "Charge & View Next Unpaid" and you will be brought to the next unpaid invoice after the charge has been completed.
NOTE: Payment notifications are only sent when a payment is made by the client. Payment notifications are not sent when an invoice payment is processed by the company.
Paying Invoices in Bulk
It is also possible to perform this action in bulk. The following article explains this in more detail: Bulk Invoice Payments
Please sign in to leave a comment.