Do you offer courses to your students? If you’re using our Website Booking Plugin or Open Classes Add-On, you can allow students to join a repeating series of lessons directly from your website or through their Teachworks account.
- Click on "Account & Settings" and then click on "Integrations & Add-ons".
- Under the Open Classes Add-on, click on "Manage".
- Enable the "Join Course" setting.
- Submit the form to save your changes.
Once you’ve enabled this setting, you’ll see the following two options when selecting repeat settings for lessons on the "Repeat Settings" form:
- Join individual lessons - This option allows students to select specific lessons within a series of lessons.
- Join full course of lessons - This option allows students to join all of the lessons in the course at once.
How to Add a Course
You can follow the steps below to create a new course:
- Add a new lesson on the calendar.
- Under the "Open Lesson" setting, check the “Allow students to join lesson” option and set a space limit if required.
- Select the “Repeat” checkbox to open the "Repeat Settings" pop-up.
- Select the “Join full course of lessons” option.
- Add a title in the "Course Name" field and a description for the course in the "Description" field.
- Select the repeat settings.
- Submit the form to save your changes and create the course.
Joining a Course with the Website Booking Plugin
If you’ve never used the Website Booking Plugin before, and you’d like to enable it to allow students to Join Open Classes, you can follow the steps in this article: Website Booking Plugin
If you’re already using our Website Booking Plugin to manage open classes, you’ll notice the following two new email templates exclusively for courses under the "Email Templates" step:
- Client Template
- Teacher Template
You can easily customize these email templates for both clients and teachers by clicking the edit link under the “Join Course Confirmation Email” section.
If you’ve scheduled a course with the “Join full course of lessons” option enabled, students will see all upcoming courses with a “Join All” button next to it. They can easily view all lesson dates to make sure the course fits their schedule by clicking the "Show Dates" link.
Once they've clicked the "Join All" button, they will be prompted to add their details and the lesson dates will appear once again when they confirm their booking.
If you’ve selected the option to “Join individual lessons”, a “Join” button will appear next to upcoming open classes and students can join these open lessons one by one.
When a student has joined a course, you can follow the steps below to easily manage their booking and activate their profile:
- Click on "Calendar".
- Click on "Lesson Bookings".
To quickly see all the lessons that they’ve been added to, click the lesson name and then click the green “View Lesson” button to see a list of all the dates.
Joining a Course with the Open Classes Add-On
If you’ve enabled user accounts for your students (see Enabling User Account Access), they can login to Teachworks and join open classes directly from the calendar. You can find a detailed guide about the Open Classes Add-On here: Open Classes Add-On.
Students will be able to view and join all upcoming courses by filtering the calendar to “Show Open Lessons”.
If they click on any of the lessons in the course, they’ll see a “Join” option. Clicking this link will bring up a popup on which they can view the course details and dates. They can then select the relevant student and click “Join” to enroll in the course.