The Teachworks calendar has several settings that you can use to adjust the calendar to your business needs. These include:
- Default View - Choose between month, week or day.
- Event Colors by - Choose between teacher, location, student or service.
- Time Slot Minutes - The time slot increments on the week and day calendar views.
- Snap Minutes - When dragging to select or move an event the time increments that events will snap to.
- Timepicker Minute Setup - Controls the minute increment on the timepicker. Minutes can also be set manually on the timepicker to override this setting.
- First Hour - The hour the week and day views of the calendar are scrolled to when the calendar loads.
- First Day - The first day of the week on the calendar's week view.
- Resource View Minimum & Maximum - The minimum and maximum times displayed on the Teacher and Location calendars. Narrowing the range to include only your business hours makes it easier to navigate.
- Auto-Fill Lesson Title - Auto-fill lesson titles with the student's name.
- Maximum Allowed Lesson Duration (Hours) - Avoid accidentally scheduling a lesson that is too long by specifying the maximum allowed duration in hours.
- Require Student - When enabled, requires that at least one student be selected to schedule a lesson.
- Include Prospective Students - When enabled, allow prospective students to be scheduled. By default, only active students can be scheduled.
- Copy Lessons - When enabled, adds the option to copy a lesson to create a new one.
- Manual Lesson Reminders - When enabled, allows you to manually send reminders for lessons. You can find out more about manual lesson reminders here: Manual Lesson Reminders.
- Internal & Shared Notes Templates - The contents entered in these fields will be pre-filled in the Internal Notes & Shared Notes fields on the Complete Lesson form. You can find more information about this here: Internal and Shared Notes Templates.
To adjust these settings, follow these steps:
- Click on "Account & Settings" and then click on "Account Settings".
- Scroll down to the "Calendar & Event Settings" section.
- Select the option for the setting that you want to change.
- Submit the form to save your changes.
Teacher & Staff Settings
Teachers and staff can select their own color-coding method and default view on their profiles. These can also be set through an admin account on the employee's profile.