After a lesson has been finished, the teacher or an admin will need to complete the lesson by recording the lesson details including the attendance of the student or students. They can also enter private notes about the lesson, and enter shared notes about the lesson that can be viewed by the student or parent in their Teachworks account or can be sent by email to the student or parent.
The following options are dependent on the employee's permission settings:
- Start and End Times - these fields can be locked or you can allow the teacher to adjust them as needed
- Student Cost - can be adjusted, locked or hidden.
- Send Notes - can be enabled or disabled. If you want to review all notes before they are sent to parents or students you can disable this and then send the notes from your administrator account.
To complete a lesson, you can follow the steps below:
- Click on the lesson on the calendar and click the "Complete" option in the pop-up or go to the "Lesson History" or "Lesson History by Student" table under the "Calendar" tab and click the "Check Mark" icon.
- The top section of the "Complete Lesson" form includes fields such as the title and start and end times for the lesson. Adjust these fields as needed.
- In the lower section of the form, for each student select their attendance status in the "Status" field. You can also enter Internal Notes that are only visible to the teacher and admin staff, and Shared Notes that are visible in client accounts and can be emailed to clients. Depending on the type of user and their permission settings there may also be a cost field that can be used to adjust the cost, as well as a check box to "Email Shared Notes".
- After entering the correct values for each of the fields click the "Submit" button if you don't need to complete any other lessons, or click the toggle button and you can submit the lesson and go to the next uncompleted lesson.
Effect on Cost & Wage when Changing Lesson Duration
When completing a lesson, if the cost and/or wage fields are editable, then whatever values entered in these fields will be saved as they are. So if the cost and wage field were editable and you changed the start or end time of a lesson on the Complete lesson form, then you would likely want to manually change the cost and wage fields as well to reflect the new duration.
If the cost and/or wage fields are not editable (for example, teacher's can't edit the wage for their lessons) then if the duration of the lesson is changed on the Complete Lesson form, the cost and/or wage will be automatically adjusted to reflect the new duration.
Setting Status for Multiple Lessons at Once
You can also complete multiple lessons at once by going to the Lesson History table or Lesson History by Student table under the Calendar tab and clicking the check mark in the lesson's row.
At the top of the table select the status and click the button to save it. The selected status will be applied to all selected lessons.
Need some more help? Watch a video here.