Recording a Refund
To refund a payment you'll need to follow these steps:
- Go to payment that you want to refund. You can access this from the Payments table, a customer's Transaction History, or on an invoice if the payment has been allocated to an invoice.
- In the upper right corner click the "Options" menu and click the "Refund" option. This option will only be displayed if the payment has not been fully allocated to invoices. If it has been allocated, you need to first unallocate it from any invoices before you can refund the payment.
- Complete the details on the refund form. You will be able to set the refund amount to any value up to the unallocated balance of the payment.
- Submit the form.
Deleting a Refund
You can delete a refund by following these steps:
- Find the refund in your payments table and click the "View" icon.
- In the upper right corner click the "Options" menu and click "Delete".
If you record a refund in Teachworks, this will create a record of the refund, but it will not return money to the client's credit card. To refund credit card payments, you will need to go to the payment in your Stripe account and click on the "Refund" option.