The Lesson Summaries report can be found under the Reports tab. This report is used to display information related to lessons in a list format.
The report includes the following types of fields
1. Data Type - "Lessons by Student" displays lesson details with information related to the students in a lesson such as the cost, notes, etc. The "Lessons" data type displays top level information about a lesson such as the total fees, wage, profit, etc. but does not include details relating to individual students in the lesson.
2. Dates - Select start and end dates.
3. Filters - Select one or more options to filter the lessons.
4. Format - Display results in list format or totals.
5. Grouping - Choose how to group results or do not group them and they will appear in chronological order.
6. Order - Choose ascending or descending order.
7. Columns - select which columns to display for each of the results.
8. Logo - If you are printing or saving a report to PDF to provide to a client you can check the box to include the logo at the top of the report.
If you frequently generate a specific type of report, you can save the settings by checking the "Save Settings" checkbox and entering a title.
Once saved you can select the "Used Saved Settings" option and select the report from the menu.
The saved settings will be pre-filled and you can adjust the date to use the new time period.
I would like for this feature to have the option to search information centered on options other than "Lessons". The problem for me is that the central search criteria cannot be centered on Teachers. So if I want to find out how well teachers are performing, there is no way to do so. For example, if I want to know the re-enrollment rate for each teacher, I should be able to search center the search on the teacher for a given time period(like January) and generate a total number of students. Then I could do the same search for February an compare the numbers to see how many students the teacher has retained. As far as I can tell, to find this type of information in lesson summaries, I would need to search for how many lessons the teacher has sorted by student name and then download that as a spreadsheet, and then either manually count the student's names or put it into a filter to delete duplicates. Setting up our own API for getting this information seems like a really big project for gathering such simple information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.