There are multiple methods for cancelling lessons in Teachworks. Below you will find a description of each of these methods:
Method 1 - Using the Complete Lesson Form
In order to cancel a lesson using the "Complete Lesson" form, you can follow the steps below:
- Click on "Calendar" and then click on "Main Calendar".
- Click on the lesson on the calendar and click the "Complete" option in the pop-up.
- On the "Complete Lesson" form, set the status to "Cancelled" for each student in the lesson. If there are no students in the lesson, you will see a single status field that you can set to "Cancelled".
- Click on "Submit" to submit the form.
Method 2 - Using the Lesson History Tables
The second method uses the "Lesson History by Student" or "Lesson History" tables. This method allows you to complete lessons quickly in bulk by following the steps below:
- Click on "Calendar" and then click on "Lesson History" or "Lesson History by Student".
- Using the checkboxes on the left-hand side, check the boxes next to lesson(s) you'd like to cancel.
- In the "Set Status" menu at the top of the table, select "Cancelled".
- Click on "Go" to complete the selected lessons as "Cancelled".
Users with Permission to Manage Lesson Cost & Wage
If you are an administrator or an employee with permission to manage Lesson Cost & Wages, the wage field will be editable and you will need to set it to cancelled.
When you cancel the lesson for each student in the lesson the cost field will be set to zero for that student.
Users without Permission to Manage Lesson Cost & Wage
If you are an employee without permission to manage costs and wages then the cost and wage fields will not be editable. When you set the status for a student in a lesson to "Cancelled" the cost for the student will automatically be set to zero when the form is submitted. If the status for all students in a lesson is set to cancelled then the wage will also be set to zero automatically.