The Lesson Requests add-on allows clients to request lessons through their Teachworks accounts.
Enabling Lesson Requests
To enable the Lesson Requests add-on, go to Account & Settings > Integrations & Add-Ons > Lesson Requests > Enable.
Once enabled, click the “Manage” link to choose your settings.
Lesson Request Settings
- Teacher Response: Enable this option if you would like to send lesson requests to teachers and allow them to accept, modify and decline requests.
- Child Student Requests: If you would like to allow child students to request lessons, enable this option.
- Teacher Menu: Choose “Assigned” or “All”. If you choose the “Assigned” option, students will only be able to request lessons with their assigned teachers.
- Show Requested Timeslot Unavailable: Here you can choose to show the timeslot for a requested lesson as unavailable to other clients either immediately after the request is submitted by the client, or after it has been accepted.
- Instructions: Here you can add any important instructions -- these are displayed on the “Request Lesson” form in client accounts.
Once Lesson Requests have been enabled, the navigation menu in client accounts will include a "Request Lesson" and "Pending Requests" option under the Calendar tab.
The client calendar will also display a teacher filter allowing them to select any of their default teachers in order to view the teacher's availability.
When viewing Teachworks on a mobile phone, client's will be able to click on the "Hamburger" button and the "Request Lesson" option will be at the top of the menu.
The Lesson Request form will display any instructions that you've included in the add-on settings and will include some basic lesson form fields. It also includes a "Comments" field where the client can include additional details about the request such as recurring lessons.
Client's will be able to select any teacher that has been selected in the "Teachers" field on the student's profile.
When a client requests a lesson, an email will be sent to your company email address to notify you of the request and provide some details about the request.
If you've enabled Teacher Responses then the teacher in the requested lesson will also receive a notification email.
Responding to a Request
To respond to a request you will need to log into an account that has permission to respond to requests. This includes the company admin account, staff accounts with "Manage" permission for calendar lessons, and if you have Teacher Responses enabled teachers with "Manage" permission for lessons.
To respond to a lesson request follow these steps:
1. Go to the Lesson Requests table under the Calendar tab.
2. Click the "Respond" link in the row of the lesson request.
3. The form will be the same as the "Edit Lesson" form with a few additions. Review the lesson settings and make any changes if necessary.
4. If you want to include comments in the response sent to the client, enter them in the Response Comments field.
5. If you don't want to send a response, check the "Don't Send Response" check box.
6. If you are accepting the request, click the "Accept" button. To decline the request, click the "Decline" button.
7. If accepted the lesson is saved with any changes and will appear on the calendar like a regular lesson. If declined, the lesson request will be deleted.
You can customize the templates for lesson request responses. These templates include accepted, modified and declined responses. You can customize these by following the instructions for customizing notification templates in this article: Customizing Notification Templates.