There are several places where you can view lesson notes depending your your specific needs for the notes. Below is a summary of the various methods:
1. Lesson Summaries Report
The lesson summaries report allows you to view multiple lesson notes for single or multiple students on a single screen.
To generate a report that shows lesson notes for a selected period of time, go to Report > Lesson Summaries and choose the following settings:
- Report Data > Data Type: Lessons by Student
- Dates: Adjust as needed
- Filters: Adjust as needed (if you want to look at notes for a specific student, client, employee or location, make sure to select the filters here)
- Format > Results: List
- Grouping > Group: You can group by Date, Teacher, Customer, Student or Service
- Columns > Columns: Choose “Shared Notes” and/or “Private Notes”
After your selections have been made, submit the form to view the results.
When generating the report again in future, choose the “Use Saved Settings” radio button at the top of the report to choose your saved template from the dropdown menu.
2. Lesson History by Student
The Lesson History by Student page allows you to quickly see notes for single lessons.
- To use this option, follow the steps below:
- Go to Calendar > Lesson History by Student
- Select the relevant data range and other filters at the top of the page
- Click on the “Lesson Name” to quickly view lesson notes for specific lessons (you can also click the "Download Lessons" link in the sidebar to view the lesson notes in Excel).
From this table you can also click the "Complete" icon and view the lesson notes on the Complete Lesson form. This method is useful if you need to add or edit the notes.
View Unsent Notes
The “Lesson History by Student” page is also useful for spotting any unsent notes. Choose the “Unsent Notes filter at the top of the page” and then review and send the notes.
More information: Reviewing notes before sending
3. Main Calendar
3.1 Click a lesson on the calendar and click the "Complete" link to view the Complete Lesson form with the lesson notes.
3.2.1 Click a lesson on the calendar and click the "View" link.
3.2.2 Click on the view button (looks like a magnifying glass) and a pop-up window will appear with the lesson details.
4. Student Profile
If you want to view notes from the 10 most recent lessons, you can go to the “Recent Lessons” section on a student's profile (Students > Students). Click a lesson's title to view the lesson details including any notes.
This method is also useful for substitute teachers. By default teachers can only view the lesson notes from their own lessons, but following this method will allow them to view the student’s 10 most recent lessons’ notes. Learn more: Allowing Substitute Teachers to View Lesson Notes