Subjects can be set on student and teacher profiles and are useful for searching and matching students with teachers.
Viewing Standard Subjects
To view standard subjects go to the Employees or Students table and click the "Standard Subjects" link in the sidebar.
You can add subjects by following these steps:
1. Go to the Employees or Students table and click the "Standard Subjects" link in the sidebar.
2. Click the "Add Subject" link in the sidebar of that page.
3. Enter the subject name and click "Save" or click "Save & Add Another" if you want to add additional subjects.
Adding Multiple Subjects
You can add multiple subjects by following these steps:
1. Go to the Employees or Students table and click on the "Standard Subjects" link in the sidebar.
2. Click the "Add Multiple Subjects" link on the sidebar of that page.
3. Enter one or more subject names, separated by commas, and click "Save" when you are finished.
Adding Subjects from Profiles
If you're creating a profile for a new student or teacher and one of their subjects isn't currently in your Standard Subjects list you can add it from the profile under the Subjects field by clicking the "Add New Subject" link and entering the subject name in the form that appears.
If you have subjects that have slightly different spellings, but should be combined into a single subject, then you can combine them with the "Merge" feature.
1. From the Standard Subjects table, click the "Merge" icon of the subject that you want to merge into another.
2. Select the subject that you want to merge it into and click the Submit button.
The subjects will be combined and any students or teachers that were associated with the original subject will now be associated with the new subject.
To delete a subject, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Standard Subjects table.
2. Click the "Delete" icon for the row of the subject that you want to delete.
Giving Your Staff Permission to Add / Edit Standard Subjects
If you want your staff to be able to add /edit standard subjects, you will need to set the "Services" permission on their user account to "Manage".
Article is closed for comments.