The Future Invoice Charges Add-on allows you to create customer charges without an invoice. When creating invoices later on, you can pull these charges on to invoices for a selected date range.
Enabling the Add-on
- Go to the Account & Settings tab and click on "Integrations & Add-ons"
- Use the search field on the right and enter Future Invoice Charges
- Click on "Enable" to activate the add-on
Recording Future Invoice Charges
- Go to Billing > Add Future Invoice Charges
- Add users by “Customer” or “Student” (If a family has 3 children and you would like to add a charge for each student separately, you can choose the “Student” option to create 3 charges - one for each student).
- Enter a title, date, amount and description (these details will appear on invoices later on).
- Click “Save”, or “Save & Add Another” to add multiple charges.
Adding Charges to Invoices
The Future Invoice Charges Add-on can be used for single invoices, multiple invoices or invoices created through the Invoice Autopilot Add-on.
- Single Invoices: Choose the "Charges by Date" option and select the relevant date range to pull charges on to the invoice.
- Multiple Invoices: Select the "Charges by Date" option or the "Charges & Lessons by Date" option to include charges (and lessons) on invoices.
- Invoice Autopilot Add-on: If you’re using the Invoice Autopilot Add-on, you can select the “Add Uninvoiced Charges to Invoices” option to add future charges to invoices automatically.
Editing or Deleting Charges
If you would like to edit or delete charges, you can follow these steps:
- Go to Billing > Charges (or click the "Invoice Charges" link in the sidebar on the Invoices page)
- Click the pencil icon to edit a charge or click the "x" icon to delete a charge
- If you don't see the option to edit or delete a charge, it means that the charge has already been associated with an invoice. In this case, the "Invoice Number" column will show the relevant invoice.
Charges that have already been invoiced can only be edited or deleted from the invoice that they belong to.
If you delete or void an Invoice that had Future Invoice Charges on it, the charges will not be deleted and can still be added to a new invoice. If the charges need to be deleted, they can be deleted from the Charges table by clicking the "Delete" icon after deleting or voiding the invoice.
Removing a Future Charge From an Invoice
It is possible to remove charges from an invoice when you are editing it. It is important to note that there are two types of charges that can be added to invoices: Regular Charges and Future Invoice Charges:
- Regular charges can be added one-by-one directly to invoices when they are created. If you remove this type of charge from an invoice, the charge will be deleted from the invoice and from Teachworks.
- Future Invoice Charges on the other hand, are detached from the invoice but still available to be added to another invoice.