If you prefer to use QuickBooks Online for processing payments instead of our Stripe Integration, this article will provide you with the proper settings needed to set it up correctly.
QuickBooks Integration Settings
You'll need to ensure that the following settings within the QuickBooks Integration are enabled within your Teachworks account by following the steps below:
- Click on Account & Settings and then click on Integrations & Add-ons.
- Under the QuickBooks Integration, click on "Settings".
- Scroll down to the "Invoice Payment Options" settings and select the payment methods you'll be accepting.
- Enable the "Exclude Payments" setting since payments will be recorded in QuickBooks.
- Click on "Update" to save your changes.
Recording Payments in Teachworks
As your payments won't be processed in Teachworks (and the QuickBooks Integration is only a one-way sync from Teachworks to QuickBooks), in order to ensure that you'll have accurate customer balances in Teachworks, you'll need to record the payments received through QuickBooks in your Teachworks account by using one of the methods below:
- You can import the payments you receive in QuickBooks in bulk to Teachworks using our Import Payments Add-on.
- QuickBooks Online has an app on Zapier, so you can create a "zap" that will automate the recording of payments in your Teachworks account using our Zapier Integration.
- You can record the payments in Teachworks manually following the steps here: Recording a Payment.